• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engine problem revised

Swamprat

NAXJA Forum User
ok now im sure this is my injectors being fouled thats causing this. my jeep was barely idling, runs super rough. and drinks gas! has anyone have this same problem? or same symptoms but diferent reason?

ok now im sure this is my injectors being fouled thats causing this. my jeep was barely idling, runs super rough. and drinks gas! has anyone have this same problem? or same symptoms but diferent reason?

Refresh our memories - what year is this XJ?

There're a number of things that could be causing these symptoms, but more info would help to nail the issue down.

Any check engine light? If so, pull codes. Pulling the injector is pretty easy; if you have isolated the problem with the hissing sound, yea....start there.

no check engine light, and the only code i got was 55. so theres no problem there. im going to replace the injector on the 2nd cyl. and see if that fixes the hissing sound

after some careful deliberation, im starting to think the stumbling and hesitation is do to some thing in the fuel line. theres was little pressure in the fuel lines, when i replaced the fuel filter. and i didn;t know that the fuel pump/system was comtrolled by vacuum?

Last edited:
Don't guess if you think you have a fuel delivery problem. Hook a fuel pressure gauge up to the schrader valve on the fuel rail. Take readings both running (dynamic) and not running (static). Compare your readings to factory specs.

Back