• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feasibility of the Aisin A350E or A650E Trannys

comanche91

NAXJA Forum User
Like the title says, behind a 4.0. Would love to have a 5-speed auto behind the stroker if and when the old AW4 gives it up. Anyone research this? Somewhat possible?

Like the title says, behind a 4.0. Would love to have a 5-speed auto behind the stroker if and when the old AW4 gives it up. Anyone research this? Somewhat possible?
I would think it would be possible but not very feasible. I don't know if the AW4 TCU could be reflashed to make it ready for a fifth gear. If not, I would think maybe you could use the 350 or 650 TCU if you wanted to get custom enough. It sounds like a lot of work but would be cool when it was done.

I would check around about control options. I would think it would be fairly simple to do. Since it's a trail rig, you could probably just use toggle switches to start with until you find a controller for the swap.
Rory D.

Not to hijack, but what about the possibility of using the 545RFE? There're a lot of them out there, having been used from 2000 up to (I believe) the present in WJs, KJs, WKs, and XKs. Out of the box you'd get an approximately 10% lower first gear with split-ratio second and a fifth that's roughly 10% higher than fourth compared to the AW4.

Last edited:
Back