• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air Intake

mikedashg

NAXJA Forum User
I'm lazy and the engine is greasy, what's the big (2" possibly?) hose that comes off of the airbox intake on a renix for? It's right before the air box and goes down towards the block somewhere. Mine got ripped by the aux fan. Is that important?

:eyes: :dunno:

I'm lazy and the engine is greasy, what's the big (2" possibly?) hose that comes off of the airbox intake on a renix for? It's right before the air box and goes down towards the block somewhere. Mine got ripped by the aux fan. Is that important?

:eyes: :dunno:

Hot air for your intake, it goes from the exhaust manifold to the front of the air box to a vacuum controlled intake air diverter door. It's main function is to supply some warm air into the intake in a cold climate.
There is a temperature controlled vacuum valve mounted inside the air box that opens the diverter door to warm air from the exhaust manifold area and closes off outside air.
Technically I'd guess it is an emission component and may cause you grief at inspection if it's missing.
Warm air helps atomized fuel to stay in suspension (not to condense and/or fall out of the air flow).

Thanks guys, yeah, sounds like that's it. Also, doesn't sound critical unless I want better fuel mileage or pass smog. If you have a cone filter conversion, or a snorkel, you ain't getting warm air into the intake.

Back