• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Am I missing something?

mavrick

NAXJA Forum User
I'm doing my rear main seal. When I pulled them out they were both the u type. The replacement one I received one is a u shape and the other is a u shape with little taps at the ends. The lower rear main seal does not have the grooves for the tabs. Some buddy help! I'm pretty sure I got the correct seals. 2000 year inline 6

Compare to the pics in the write-up in the other thread. Do you need to start a new thread every time you have a question about this topic?

Compare to the pics in the write-up in the other thread. Do you need to start a new thread every time you have a question about this topic?

Have been and I have looked at many pics of other write-up and they seem to have the seal as I do but a different lower seal casing.

Any thoughts I basically need two upper seals. One for the top and one for the bottom. I don't have the same grooves that would allow the seal to sit all the way into the slot with the tabs. This is weird because in all the other write-up they all have a different looking lower seal.

anybody? I'm perplexed and want to get this done. I have the same seal as all the others but a different housing.

The rear main seal is in the REAR of the engine.

It's a two piece seal, both u-shaped ( U + U = O). One is in the groove in the block. End of "U" pointing down You have to tap it out. The other fits underneath the crankshaft. End of "U" pointing up.

What's your manual say??

Any thoughts I basically need two upper seals. One for the top and one for the bottom. I don't have the same grooves that would allow the seal to sit all the way into the slot with the tabs. This is weird because in all the other write-up they all have a different looking lower seal.

Are you sure you don't have the grooves? Maybe the old seal broke when you pulled it out and is filling up the grooves?

Back