• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cooling again!

ILLXJ

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Did a complete R&R 2weeks ago. Everyting has been fine on short trips up to 1/2 hr. Yesterday on a 3 hr. trip w/temps. in the low 80's, temp went to the line past 210. After a 5 min. rest period at idle temp. went back down to normal. I noticed the NAPA hose I put on the top is about 1/4 to 1/2" smaller in diameter and has sharper bends in it. Could this cause the raise in temps. TIA.

Well it would give flow ristrictions not compliant with stock applications. Does the electric come on when it should? What is the stat? and how is the pump? rad isn't cloged is it?

Electric fan comes on when it should at idle, could not hear it going down the road. 195*. Pump is only 2 weeks old and has been working fine. Radiator is not plugged. Did the same drive in June w/90* temps. and towing 2500 lbs. The Jeep did not get as hot as it did yesterday. I did put the old hose back on and I will try a dealership one. Thanks.

Back