• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do you think this is worth it?

ehhh, I don't know about that, especially for the $$$... I guess it would offer some protection, I mean something's better than nothing, in theory anyway. But personally, I'd just take that $220 and put it towards the full cage instead.

I think its not worth $220. Just run with what you have until you can build your cage. Thats also sold as a show bar, so in other words they aren't even sure if it will protect you, so they don't want to be liable.

i noticed that nice little disclaimer as well...

rustys = shit

I wouldn't bet my life on any rusty's parts. period.

right-o. i'm not the biggest fan of my trackbar from them...*read, "i hate that god damn thing that loves to break so much" *

FULL SIZE JEEP =

ff02.jpg

You'd want to be looking at this one for an XJ:

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=RA-RB50-XJ&Category_Code=ROLL

wrong. you still don't want it, because it's from rusty's ;)

If you're wanting to buy a pre-built cage kit then check out the D&C cage kit or the T&J cage both seem pretty good but can never equal custom home made. If you're wanting to build your own better off to just spend the money on the tools to make a cage rather than a temp. fix that will be getting chucked when you do the full cage.

i think its possible for a roll bar to be worse then not having ANYTHING! its basically a condom with a hole at the tip... it only makes you feel more adventurous, it doesnt offer any real protection.

WOW, reading all the reply's I wonder how many of you that answered this guy ACTUALLY even have a cage.

A B-Pillar bar is a great idea for the casual wheeler or until you can actually build a full multi point cage. I have seen more than one 4x4 driver and passenger benefit from a B-Pillar bar. I use the term 4x4 because not all were jeeps.

The Rustys bar is a decent starting place. Comparable to OEM tubes on a TJ. It's not .188 wall but it is DOM tube. And does make a good base to build off of. And as for the cost, when's the last time any of the village wisdom folks priced a stick of 2 inch DOM?

Geeezzzzz.......

WOW, reading all the reply's I wonder how many of you that answered this guy ACTUALLY even have a cage.

A B-Pillar bar is a great idea for the casual wheeler or until you can actually build a full multi point cage. I have seen more than one 4x4 driver and passenger benefit from a B-Pillar bar. I use the term 4x4 because not all were jeeps.

The Rustys bar is a decent starting place. Comparable to OEM tubes on a TJ. It's not .188 wall but it is DOM tube. And does make a good base to build off of. And as for the cost, when's the last time any of the village wisdom folks priced a stick of 2 inch DOM?

Geeezzzzz.......

X2.

Everyone loves to jump on the "hate rusty's" bandwagon. While I would not buy his lift kits or steering kit, I have purchased a number of things from Rusty's and I have no complaints. I bought Rusty's diff guards for my original D30/C8.25, they worked fine, its just a skid plate. I bought my d30/c8.25 gears, install kits for both axles on special $399, they were superior gears, no issues. It's not like Rusty's actually makes most of the stuff he sells. He sells lots of name brand stuff at competitive prices.

As for that roll bar, of course its better than no roll bar or cage, it .120 DOM which is WAY better than your .120 NOTHING. Ever see an XJ roof after a hard roll? Add a couple gussets and a couple short kickers and that thing might actually save someone a serious injury.

When it comes to Rusty's you just have to becareful, ask for opinions from people who have actually used the product you are considering, and ignore all bandwagon haters.

As I said in my first response, I think it's better than nothing... But PERSONALLY, I would just save that money and put it towards the full cage thats being planned anyway. And, I agree that Rusty's sells name brand product at competitive pricing... But I'm though buying actual "Rusty's" products. Sure, if I need gears and they have a great deal going on Superior, I'd jump on it, why not... But with things such as the lift/trackbar/etc....I just don't trust it. I gave their stuff a shot, and regretted it. So, I don't feel that I'm jumping on a "hate rusty's" bandwagon at all. It's just that everything I have used that was branded with that name has not gone well, and if it were me looking to buy/build a cage, something made by rusty's is not where *I* would start. I'm not a bandwagon hater, just a guy trying to offer an opinion....

It looks like a great starting place to me. If you have the cash right now, I'd go with D&C to t&J because they will involve less work down the road for making a full cage.

Back