• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brakes problem

drknyt

NAXJA Forum User
so i'm currently converting my mj to 4wd and i had to swap the calipers from the stock 2wd ones to the 4wd ones that were on the axle, i bled them out alot and the peddle still goes to the floor, it builds pressure after a bit but then if you let it sit for a second and press it, it just goes to the floor again, do i need to switch the proportioning valve from the vehicle i got the axle from? i'm lost, help please

even if you convert to disc brakes, the brake proportioning valve swap is only needed under severe duty (like 35's+)
it shouldnt cause this problem...
are you sure you bled them right? did you re-install the copper washer? did you install the caliper bleeder-side-up? (ive done this!, and it leaves air in the caliper... which sounds exactly like what your describing)

oops had the calipers on the wrong sides with the bleeder screw down, thanks for your help! they work great, now i just need to swap the trans and t case

Back