• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Waggy headlights size

Hello, could anyone help me telling me what size are the quad headlights mounted on the 87-90 Wagoneers.....or where Can I buy them ,please?

TIA
Regards

They're pretty standard - you should be able to walk in to a local parts house and ask for "sealed beam headlamps for a square four-headlamp setup." You'll either need the low/high beams or the high beams only. The low/high beams will have three 1/4" spade terminals on the back (I believe it's P/N 4656), while the high beam only will have only two 1/4" terminals on the back (P/N 4651, but don't hold me to that one. It's been a while.)

Failing that, Hella (Germany) does make replacements for the sealed beam setup - you'll get a set of reflector bowls to install in place of the sealed beam units, and they will take a replaceable bulb in the back (WARNING: Do not touch the glass envelope of the replacement bulb with your bare fingers! You can touch the reflector bowl and lense all you want, but the bulb that goes in the back will fail - and possibly fail dramatically - if you get a fingerprint on the quartz envelope...) You'll want replacements for the "165 millimetre rectangular" sealed beam bulbs.

You'll probably not be able to order them from Susquehanna Motorsports (they're in Pennsylvania, USA - and international shipping can be a killer...) but being made by Hella in Germany, I'm sure you should be able to find them on your side of the Atlantic. However, I provide a link to their page so you can see what you're looking for, and the various part numbers given from the manufacturers should be spot-on (I can't find my Hella book at the moment, but I can find the link to SMS quite readily. http://www.rallylights.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=364 This is the link to the "category page" showing some of what's available for your application - the actual size of the reflector bowl is 165m/m x 105m/m.)

Hope this helps!

The actual headlamps are an odd size, and are hard to find. Only a handful of different cars used them. We have a Waggy front end on my son's '95, and I don't like it because it is hard to see when driving at night. The upper, low beam is just low beam- there's only one filament in it. When you turn on the high-beam, the top turns off and the bottom turns on. Also, I don't know if it's a wiring issue, but the car lost its 'flash to pass', and nothing happens when you pull the stalk, unless the headlights are on. Maybe real 'Waggys' had different wiring for the flash feature? We've tried to get different lights for it, even the separate composite type to use H-4 bulbs, but cannot find them anywhere. My son ordered a lamp that was supposed to fit, but it was the size of the original rectangular, quad headlights from the middle '70s, and the Waggy lights are just a bit smaller. I've had a few opportunities to get more Waggy front ends, but the headlight issue keeps me away.

Back