• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no hatch speakers in my ninety-fo'

I had wires in the hatch for mine. They were labeled LEFT SPEAKER and RIGHT SPEAKER.

But as others said, find a soundbar. I cannot hear my hatch speakers anyways...

I have a 94 Sport with no speakers in the hatch either. I was told the wiring should be there.

my 92 had the opposite. I had hatch speakers but no sound bar. I think 93/94 is the split when they got rid of speakers in the tailgate.

I put a soundbar that I got on jeepsareus.com for dirt cheap and eliminated the tailgate speakers. The stereo sounds much better now. Almost as nice as my fathers 01XJ. I always have the hatch full of stuff so the speakers get blocked and you don't really here them anyway. With them on the headliner they seem to put the sound at your ears alot better.

I pulled a set of infinity speakers out of the back hatch of my parts XJ (91 Laredo) I think the only reason they were not popped like the ones in the front is because the wires fell apart before the last guy had a chance.

side question, are the hatch speakers the same as the front door ones?

~Alex

Back