• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad news for Credit card debt!

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
LOL!

Before the election you were all about Change & Hope.

Now that your boy got the nod, you're all about doom & gloom.

Talk about a role reversal...:rolleyes:

I forgot to mention that this increase in interest rates and minimum payment rates should do wonders for retail sales. Banks are still their own worst enemy.

You would think that with the FED and Treasury giving the banks free interest free loans, that they would be lowering their 30% credit card interest rates to help stimulate the economy and to help save their own asses. Unfortunately they are just beating a soon to be

!!!1

Just goes to show you how democrats are never happy.

Just remember, its all Bush's fault.

Although I may loath Bush Jr., I wouldn't heap this entire fiasco on his shoulders. Personally, I would say that the current crop of problems has it's roots in the Clinton Administration's pushing the home loan institutions like Freddy Mac and Fanni May to approve loans to very risky borrowers.

Bush's Administration further worsened the variables by deregulating the big business financial lending institutions. Additionally, Bush was the man on watch when this crap hit the fan, and the people he chose as advisers and appointed to key positions within the government have shown a remarkable capacity for incompetence.

Although I may loath Bush Jr., I wouldn't heap this entire fiasco on his shoulders. Personally, I would say that the current crop of problems has it's roots in the Clinton Administration's pushing the home loan institutions like Freddy Mac and Fanni May to approve loans to very risky borrowers.

Bush's Administration further worsened the variables by deregulating the big business financial lending institutions. Additionally, Bush was the man on watch when this crap hit the fan, and the people he chose as advisers and appointed to key positions within the government have shown a remarkable capacity for incompetence.

You, I think are a little smarter than the average left wing wacko though.

You have to admit there are a ton of people out there who will and do put everything on his shoulders. It's really kind of stupid.

DOn't forget Clintons HUGE screwup of signing NAFTA and causing tens of thuosands of high paying factory jobs to go overseas.

You have to admit there are a ton of people out there who will and do put everything on his shoulders. It's really kind of stupid.

And what party is in charge of the House and Congress? You know, the orginizations that actually control laws in the US and not just a figurehead? Anyone know? DEMOCRATS!!!!!!

You, I think are a little smarter than the average left wing wacko though.

Hell, yes I agree with you! But the same can be said of the right side of the spectrum too. . . just look at how many people are ready to blame anything on Obama and he isn't even in office yet.

I'll give Obama the same chance I gave Bush: two years. If by that point, I believe I will know the character of his term.

Just goes to show you how democrats are never happy.

Just remember, its all Bush's fault.

Thanks for reminding me! LOL.

But seriously Reagan had a hand in it too.

Reagan was trying to fix Carter's issues.

Yep, and to be fair to Obama(god that hurts) He is either going to fix problems starting from Carter, going through Regan and Bush Sr. Then on to Clinton and Bush Jr...a tall order if you ask me. Or, he will go down in flames as the President who was in charge when the world came apart.

I honestly would not want to be in his shoes right now.

You guys left out Ford, Nixon, Johnson, JFK, Eisenhower, Truman, FDR and Hoover if you really want to drag out the blame game!

:roflmao:

You guys left out Ford, Nixon, Johnson, JFK, Eisenhower, Truman, FDR and Hoover if you really want to drag out the blame game!

I you could combine the screw ups of all of those guys and it wouldn't equal half the mess Carter left us in. In my eyes, he was the start of something bad that has never been truly mended.

So basically as long as I'm not that moron only making minimum payments every month on a huge balance, this won't affect me.

The people who are going to be hit hard by this are those that needed to, who live beyond their means and will be in debt until they're dead.

So basically as long as I'm not that moron only making minimum payments every month on a huge balance, this won't affect me.

The people who are going to be hit hard by this are those that needed to, who live beyond their means and will be in debt until they're dead.

No, they will just file bankruptcy, stick the bank, who will stick the Treasury.......

Ah, but you forget, you are still on the hook for payments on the exploding national debt, since no one wants to pay enough taxes to pay it off.

!!!1

No, they will just file bankruptcy, stick the bank, who will stick the Treasury.......

Ah, but you forget, you are still on the hook for payments on the exploding national debt, since no one wants to pay enough taxes to pay it off.

!!!1

I'm on the hook for whatever the gov't decides my money should help pay for regardless of whom is in office. No sense worrying about that because I can't CHANGE that.

All I can do is be as responsible as possible with my finances, ride out the bad times, and rake it in during the good.

Nixon took the dollar off the (Bretton wood system) gold standard so the dollar could float. Which made it much easier to print more money and screw with our debtors. Inflation is one of the reasons everybody is so farking greedy now.

Back