• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Post up your carnage!

jeeperjohn

NAXJA Forum User
I'll start. I broke something in my front diff. Maybe the locker. First only the left front was pulling and it was making the ratcheting sound, then the left front quit pulling and there was no sound from the front. I haven't taken it apart yet but we'll see what went wrong. Big thanks to Opie and his dad who pulled me back off the hill to where 2 wheel drive would cut it and then led a very interesting little run to check out old mines :clap:. Also big thanks to 1Xfloppy who loaned me his brand new Aussie for the D30 till I can get replacement parts for mine:cheers:.

DSC02436.jpg

DSC02414.jpg

Ran aftershock for the first time.

This damage could have been avoidable had I known about the bypass:

jv08+045.jpg

This was from the Z Turn / waterfall:
jv08+046.jpg

Bent tierod again. Given the damage, I still had a good time and my dad had a blast on his first wheeling trip in JV

I have a hangover and havent been warm in three days.

If only I had my jeep.. :/

This damage could have been avoidable had I known about the bypass...
Bent tierod again. Given the damage, I still had a good time and my dad had a blast on his first wheeling trip in JV

What fun is that? Glad your dad had a good time.

Ben stopped by my pad a while ago; I'm sure he'll be posting up, he totally dominated his Jeep! The front 30 housing is actually badly bent and losing gear oil, the entire grille/headlight/fender area is totally smashed up, and his airbag deployed, cracking him in the head. His Jeep also has cracks in the windshiled. I'm sure there is more that we didn't find, but that's enough for now! Sheesh!

He managed to do all this, and NEVER ran a trail! Go BSC!

Ben stopped by my pad a while ago; I'm sure he'll be posting up, he totally dominated his Jeep! The front 30 housing is actually badly bent and losing gear oil, the entire grille/headlight/fender area is totally smashed up, and his airbag deployed, cracking him in the head. His Jeep also has cracks in the windshiled. I'm sure there is more that we didn't find, but that's enough for now! Sheesh!

He managed to do all this, and NEVER ran a trail! Go BSC!

Worst part / image... 8am sat morning, ben was no where to be seen. Ryan comes over and says come on everyone lets rock his jeep hes inside asleep. SO about 10 of us head over, and I film.. The rock the hell out of it, nothing. the pop the rear pass door open and ben is spooning his buddy he brought out :dunno: they both just looked up and smiled and went back to sleep.

Worst part / image... 8am sat morning, ben was no where to be seen. Ryan comes over and says come on everyone lets rock his jeep hes inside asleep. SO about 10 of us head over, and I film.. The rock the hell out of it, nothing. the pop the rear pass door open and ben is spooning his buddy he brought out :dunno: they both just looked up and smiled and went back to sleep.

oh you'll find that in combat arms anywhere.

we were doing combatives yesterday, and most everyone crashed out on the mats during lunch. one of the guys was laying on his back, arm thrown out to the side, and his battle buddy laying next to him, head on the arm thrown out by the buddy.

So... basically I'm glad I didn't go. :D

nah dude it was cool, there were bottles of magic whiskey. The whiskey disappeared when you left it in camp, and left for a run in the morning. Not to mention all the elitists who look down their noses at those of us who get loud and rowdy.

Last edited:
All day on Aftershock: "there's your county worker for ya". Good meeting you Parker. Tell Spencer it's time to hit up 80s night at Incahoots tomorrow.

Not to mention all the elitists who look down their noses at those of us who get loud and rowdy.

Well your not saying something like, when your at the hardest portion/obsticle on a trail and the trail leader is parked and winching up as needed and pulls out when he sees that the last 3 rigs are very stock LOOKING and part of the 'loud and rowdy' group. and I have to hump back down and park it and man that area with my winch. Oh well I guess He alone, without the jeep did come walking back for a few. but still Imagine if that happened and if that means anything if it did :dunno:

In any case aftershock had two pretty good places. and lots of good people in the rear and hope my Loud music so early in the morning on the trail didnt offend those in the front. Lord (and others) know some got a little upset when at after 7am we started playing music in OUR camp out on a dry lake bed for Our camp. And felt the need for it to be told to be turned down, cause that 1 hour left till all of us were spose to be pulling out of camp for a run. so that last hour must have been the prime hour for sleeping?

Hell we didnt get close eye till about 2 or ish and we were fine at 6:45am :yelclap:

Last edited:
Well your not saying something like, when your at the hardest portion/obsticle on a trail and the trail leader is parked and winching up as needed and pulls out when he sees that the last 3 rigs are very stock LOOKING and part of the 'loud and rowdy' group. and I have to hump back down and park it and man that area with my winch. Oh well I guess He alone, without the jeep did come walking back for a few. but still Imagine if that happened and if that means anything if it did :dunno:

In any case aftershock had two pretty good places. and lots of good people in the rear and hope my Loud music so early in the morning on the trail didnt offend those in the front. Lord (and others) know some got a little upset when at after 7am we started playing music in OUR camp out on a dry lake bed for Our camp. And felt the need for it to be told to be turned down, cause that 1 hour left till all of us were spose to be pulling out of camp for a run. so that last hour must have been the prime hour for sleeping?

Hell we didnt get close eye till about 2 or ish and we were fine at 6:45am :yelclap:

Huh????

Everyone made a big deal at the trail meeting saying "no one gets left behind". Well, when John's front end broke, and Opie towed him back- the first half of the group just kinda, kept going. The other 5 rigs behind them, had to play catch up. Big ups to robert who came back and winched everyone else through the z turn, because the guy who was winching disappeared. He did come back, but that was after 4 of the 5 rigs were through.....

Back