• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4:1 question

chrisja77

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I bought a 242 transfer case yesterday and was told it had a 4:1 conversion in it. It doesn't have any tags stating 4:1 anywhere on it, so how do I confirm this? I guess I'll have to crack it apart and check, but what do I look for? Anyone able to guide me on this? Thanks!

Hey guys, I bought a 242 transfer case yesterday and was told it had a 4:1 conversion in it. It doesn't have any tags stating 4:1 anywhere on it, so how do I confirm this? I guess I'll have to crack it apart and check, but what do I look for? Anyone able to guide me on this? Thanks!

Spin the input and count the spin ratios. Stock is 2.72 to 1, if you got 4:1 then you will have 4 rotations.

Good luck!While Tera does custom make a 4:1 kit for the 242,its extremely rare!

Hope you didnt get this T case from the same guy you bought your axles from!!

Back