• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler 4 link

redneckboarder

NAXJA Forum User
ive been researching long arms for a bit now and gone through about every post on this forum about the subject

i have not found any info on the kit i want to purchase though

i was looking into the RK 4 link. it says its a good pre runner setup. my question is will this kit work on the rocks? i do not plan on using it to race at all... mostly moderate wheeling and daily driving. also are the springs stiff?

the main reason im going for it is its 4 link. im kinda leaning that way from what i have read its the best for trails and dd combo. i will be bracing the frame.

also what do you run for a skid plate? i currently have a warn with some added metal so it covers the entire bottom of the stock skid. im lookin for a full replacement.

thanks for the input.

yea it does but i like the construction of the RK, seems a bit beefier and i can get it locally and save on shipping

The 4 link isn't necessary for what you plan on doing,plenty of members run the 3 link on the street and trails/rock crawling. if it makes you feel safer having a 4 link or you plan on pre running go for it. bds makes some nice stuff with a lifetime warranty. and you pay for it. they make some really nice coils also warrantied for life.same price as RE coils, heavier spring rates which i prefer.my .02

get the 3 link, flexes extremely well and run a DPG belly skid, tucks right behind the lower arm brackets!

My rock krawler coils are nice and soft, not stiff at all...much different compared to the rusty's coils i ran previously...

Run the 3 link! I have the 6.5" 3 link kit and use my Jeep for DD as well as work. I have put about 12,000 miles on it since June and love it.

did you guys reinforce the UCA mount for the 3 link? i was thinking 4 link for less stress on the mount, im going to move the lowers to more toward the back of the axle to keep them out of the rocks a bit, and also make them out of 1/4"

Doesn't the Rock Krawler kit mount the drivers upper axle mount that is cast into the housing? I dont think you should have anyproblems with it. And if you do you probably needed a 4-link to start with.

get the 3 link, flexes extremely well and run a DPG belly skid, tucks right behind the lower arm brackets!

My set up exactly. Ive been beating the snot out of mine for nearly two years and its all working perfectly.

jeeparizona195.jpg

Back