• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick help needed before the sun goes down!

pantherchams

NAXJA Forum User
So I am adding GC coil springs to my BB, and ran into a problem. I unbolted the LCA where it meets the axle to try and get a little more room to get the larger springs in, and now I cannot get the holes to re align.

Im off about 1/2" no matter what I try.

Any advice??

Thanks!!!!
Ben

Use a ratchet strap back to the frame around the knuckle and pull it into place. I think I had to push my front wheel forward when I did my 3" stuff. I just layed down with my feet against the axle and pushed and struggled.

I concour. Rachet straps, rope, whatever. Also depending on how tall you are (I'm 6'2") I push it with my legs braced against the rear axle while a buddy slips the bolt in place using a pointy pry bar to align the holes. Don't be above using a hammer either.

Good Luck

I used a come along once, whatever it takes, it's called friendly persuasion! Lol!

What do i need to be ratcheting and in what direction? Haha at this point i dont see this bolt ever going back in....

thanks guys!

Ben

Im using a floor jack. The axle needs to move forward. Should I just try ratcheting against the front bumper?

Im weary of removing the UCA because all these bolts do NOT like moving. And im afraid of having more bolts I cant get back in :) Anyone else had success removing the UCA to get the LCA back in?

Thanks a lot everyone

Ben

Im using a floor jack. The axle needs to move forward. Should I just try ratcheting against the front bumper?

Im weary of removing the UCA because all these bolts do NOT like moving. And im afraid of having more bolts I cant get back in :) Anyone else had success removing the UCA to get the LCA back in?

as you said, its kinda a plan for more problems.
if you need to twist the axle, find a strong (non aluminum, preferable) pipe wrench apply pressure in the way it needs to go.... if you cant twist it enough, put the floor jack on it, pressing upwards on the wrench.

use caution, ive broken pipe wrenches doing this...

I had the same prob when I installed my lift.

I used a floor jack on the front of the axle (I think I put it under the front of the coil bucket) and lifted it. It will rotate the axle, and you don't need to worry about breaking a pipe wrech. :)

Just go slow, and be safe. :wave1:

Thanks alot for all the input everyone, really appreciate it.

I was getting closest doing waht XJMK just suggested, but couldnt quite get it. I had to jack up the axle just inside the passenger tire and lay on my back and kick the living hell out of it to get it ligned up. Having a second person definitely would have helped....

It was great that getting that bolt back in took atleast as long as installing the rest of the lift :)

Ben

if you jack UP the other side it will create distance between axle and LCA mount...this might let you get it in....either a tight pry bar between mount and LCA might push it forward enough....
if you have a highlift use it as a come a long to pull axle into place(make sure you chock wheels in FRONT so jeep doesnt roll...or the ratchet straps work too...

Back