• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stimulus check 2?

tharlanjr

NAXJA Forum User
So some guys are work have been talking about a second stimulus check going out soon to the tune of 2K...

Anyone have any info on this?

True/not true

The stimulus package died in the lame duck session of congress this week, along with everything else, soon to include the banks, insurance, stock market, private and 401K retirement accounts, the auto industry.... and so on. Don't be surprised to see Nissan, Toyota, and the rest knocking on Washington's door for a bail out in the next few weeks too, as their sales are dropping to nothing too, and when their suppliers go under along with the Big 3, they will go under right behind them. It's not just Detroit anymore.

Yea, I havent heared much but rumors, a few guys mentioned everyone getting 2K, lol

I looked at them and said "The economy is in the crap, how in the world is the government going to be able to afford giving everyone two thousand dollars".

Yea, I havent heared much but rumors, a few guys mentioned everyone getting 2K, lol

I looked at them and said "The economy is in the crap, how in the world is the government going to be able to afford giving everyone two thousand dollars".

I can't be overdrawn, I still have checks!

That would be because the Federal Reserve believes in Freedom of the Press(es). Since there's nothing fixing the value of a dollar beyond the "full faith and credit" of the United States, it's worth whatever they decide it is, and they can pump more into the system, yank them out, or do whatever - problem solved!

2k to sit in my bank account for grad school in 2010, great!

Could someone set me straight on the 'stimulus' check from this past spring? Was it merely an advance on our next (2007) Income Tax return, or was it a freebie? I'm under the impression that it is merely an advance, and the $1200 my wife and I have received is more than our anticipated return, as I try to keep withholding at right about what I owe, and my returns are usually only a few hundred at best.

Could someone set me straight on the 'stimulus' check from this past spring? Was it merely an advance on our next (2007) Income Tax return, or was it a freebie? I'm under the impression that it is merely an advance, and the $1200 my wife and I have received is more than our anticipated return, as I try to keep withholding at right about what I owe, and my returns are usually only a few hundred at best.

It was intended as a freebie. Has no effect on your 2007 year taxes.

It's an advace, but basically they changed the tax code so you would get $600 more on your next return, then they basically gave you an advace on it. So you wont see it do much to your 2008 returns. A freebie as it were.

Edit: Mike beat me to it.

How do you figure this is free? I see it, just as the last stimulus check, as a loan. The US Treasury does not have the money to support this ill-conceived plan, Part Deux......so where does the money come from, really?
Loans, which have a repayment timeline and interest associated with them.

The government does not produce a marketable product that consumers will purchase at an increased price to allow the government to make a profit, thus resulting in revenue generation.

It's simple math folks, the government doesn't just have money to give, unless it takes money from someone else.

Short-sightedness and greed has gotten us into this mess, our elected need to learn from history and not just repeat the mistakes.

Back