• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

do lower lift springs flex better?

emr1101

NAXJA Forum User
I was noticing my 3.5" RE packs are pretty flat, they have a 1" RE shackle from my 4.5" Rubicon Express super-flex. They dont arch much, and im pretty sure that the less arch they have the better they flex, right? So would 4.5 or 5.5" packs flex worse than a 3.5" pack? (given they were all "blocked" or "shackled" to the same lift as the 5.5...)

I was noticing my 3.5" RE packs are pretty flat, they have a 1" RE shackle from my 4.5" Rubicon Express super-flex. They dont arch much, and im pretty sure that the less arch they have the better they flex, right? So would 4.5 or 5.5" packs flex worse than a 3.5" pack? (given they were all "blocked" or "shackled" to the same lift as the 5.5...)
To a certain extent yes, a flatter spring will flex better, but not a FLAT spring. You want to find a happy medium, where it has arch, and it will flatten out and push the shackle back. Completely flat spring is already at full flex out, and would ride like ish.

Although a super arched spring will spread out more, and theoretically flex more, getting A.) The pressure to flex it out would be difficult, and B.) A shackle long enough to handle it stretching out.

Realistically a LONGER spring (eye to eye) with a slight arch in it and a long shackle will treat you the best overall.

Back