• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

any locksmiths here?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I'm looking to replace a mechanical lock with an electronic one and I don't want to pay a full retail price for one ;) Anyone got any hookups?

What's the lock on?

I'm looking to replace a mechanical lock with an electronic one and I don't want to pay a full retail price for one ;) Anyone got any hookups?
:wave:

Keep what you've got.

An S&G Group II lock will outlive an electric lock hands down.

If you really want an electric lock, I could probably have one dropped shipped to you.

Dan.

PS Before I became an engineer, my wife and I owned our own lock and safe company for 10 years.

I talked to my locksmith buddy last night. He advised against changing it out. He did say that the only advantage an electronic lock has over a mechanic lock is the ability to change the combination far easier. He said if you need to change the combination frequently, then switch to an electronic lock. Otherwise, stay with what ya got.

Look up Oscars lock and safe in HB/FV he is very cheap and does great work. Rekeyed my 57 caddy, house, and changed the combo on my safe.

He used to have a store front but moved to one of those kiosk booths in the Mc donalds parking lot on brookhurst and garfield.

Back