• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frame Stiffening Process part 3 of 3 finished! (T&J Stiffeners) (pics)

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
SO behold, the final step of my frame stiffening process. I'd have to say, with the TNT stiffeners, TMR plates, and T&J stiffeners... I shouldn't have any problems at all with frame tweakage :D

Anyway, as you read yesterday, we finished up the TMR frame plates, and got started on the T&J stiffeners today. The T&J tubes connect the leaf spring box to the LCA mount, then weld to the frame in various places. Due to having 3/16" thicker material everywhere, we did quite a bit of grinding, bending, and tweaking to get them fitted right, but didn't have much of a problem once we got rolling.

IMG_0614.jpg

To start, this bolt hanging down had to be ground down, because it was interfering with the brace that needed to bolt to the spring box.

IMG_0616.jpg

This section of frame also had to be ground smooth, to at least the diameter of the tube bolting to it.

IMG_0638.jpg

If you notice here, the tube bends up and gives you a section to weld to the frame up front, right above where it bolts to the LCA bolt.

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

Once we got it all bolted up, we cleaned the frame rails off and welded on the 4" plates from the tube to the frame.

IMG_0630.jpg

Once everything was welded on and finished up, it was time to prep and paint!!!

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

WOW!! That look awesome man.

WOW!! That look awesome man.

Thanks man :D

NICE JIMMY!!!!! I would have used the rubberized undercoating to look more stock. haha

How does it feel?

Haha, I got tired of the mud sticking to the "flat" black and the rubberized undercoating, so I tried some appliance epoxy. As for how it feels no reports on that yet, we've been letting the paint cure completely before bolting everything back up. I just got done, still have to put the front tires on but that's it.

Also, the RE brace went on like a GLOVE! No tweaking or bending, bolted right up!

Dammit Jim, its a rockcrawler...not a Jeepspeed!! J/K :D

Haha says YOU! What about you Mr. Mega Hucker? :laugh:

Haha, I got tired of the mud sticking to the "flat" black and the rubberized undercoating, so I tried some appliance epoxy.

WD-40 is your friend. Seriously. Spray it on before you hit the mud and nothing will stick.

All that and you're still running stock UCA's but I digress.

Lookin' good:thumbup:

All that and you're still running stock UCA's but I digress.

Lookin' good:thumbup:

Jeeeze people, stock uppers aren't staying hahah. I'm working on getting a set made.

X2 How does the Jeep perform now? Looks freakin tight.

Haven't taken it out since I installed them.

Jims GAY!!! He makes sure to post pics of what he is doing but never a report of how they freakin work!!!!!

Maybe we should go check on dezertrangers????? http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/showthread.php?t=80447

Jesus man! I just got them done lol, the only time I've felt it was on the way home. On the mountain road on the way down though it felt great, I dunno if I could actually feel a difference or if it was mental. I'll be sure to let you know soon though :D

how much total did you spend to stiffen your frame jim? you can pm me if you dont wanna post it out here...cuz after lockers and gears...i wanna do this with some armor as well.

how much total did you spend to stiffen your frame jim? you can pm me if you dont wanna post it out here...cuz after lockers and gears...i wanna do this with some armor as well.
Well, if you pay retail for everything, you're looking at $135 shipped for the TNT's, $125 plus tax and shipping for the TMR's, and $299 plus tax and shipping for the T&J's.

Plus whatever it costs to get it welded on etc, I just happen to know some awesome people though.

you should tie your rockers into the frame now that you have it all beefey there...just 3 or for 2x2s or so one at each pillar...otherwise it looks great, I cant wait to get mine done

Back