• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help with rear driveshaft angle

nturboy12

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 89 with an 242 and 6" lift and a sye,and have some rear vibes also have shim in there looks like 1/4 inch high, driveway has an 2 degree slant and here are the jeep specs.diff. is 14 degrees ,driveshaft is 17 1/2 degrees,crossmember is 0 degrees how far am I off

We need to know what the angle is at the slip yoke. Make sure the Jeep is level when doing these measurements.

With a slip yoke style shaft you want the output shaft of the T-case to be on a parallel line with the pinion. In other words the two lines if drawn out infinitely would not intersect close by the Jeep. You can be within 2 degrees most of the time and be OK.

On a CV style shaft you want the pinion to point at the T-case

I tried to get a level measurement off the t-case ,but nothing is level it has are hack&tap thats why I took the crossmember its the same as the output.

Back