• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing TMR front frame plates. Question?

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm getting ready to install the TMR front frame plates today, and I'm wondering. Should I just weld the track bar mount to the frame after I weld these on? I'm almost positive I'm going to have problems with the bolt holes lining up... to prevent that, do any of you see any problems just welding this thing on?

I'm assuming I'll never really take it off no matter what track bar I'm running?

I run the RE HD drop brace btw. Thanks :D :kissyou:

So I'm getting ready to install the TMR front frame plates today, and I'm wondering. Should I just weld the track bar mount to the frame after I weld these on? I'm almost positive I'm going to have problems with the bolt holes lining up... to prevent that, do any of you see any problems just welding this thing on?

I'm assuming I'll never really take it off no matter what track bar I'm running?

I run the RE HD drop brace btw. Thanks :D :kissyou:
have troy make you one of his overkill TB braces. after that, weld it up!

I've had some trouble with the trac bar mount bolts coming loose on mine a couple of times. I can hear the noise of the trac bar moving around when I turn the steering wheel. If I weld mine on, then I won't know if the trac bar mount is loose :D.

I know what you're thinking, you wouldn't need the bolts if you just welded it on. But I've also seen the HD RE trac bar crack the front weld from RE. I'd like it to be removable. :D

I would try to keep it bolt on Jim. Never know when something comes up and it needs to be pulled......even if ever so slight a chance.

ah, then see you at goat fest,

09'

I am not saying not to run a small stitch weld on the side but I wouldn't make it super permanent.

That's the problem though. If you make a small stitch down the side, it will prevent itself from shifting if the bolts come loose. You won't know until the bolts are gone down the trail somewhere and then the weld finally cracks. Or worse, the freeway.

just run a full metal cinch nut on a flange bolt and it will never come out and doubt it would Ever loosen up, the mounting may distort and make it seem like the nut backed out but it wold actually just be that the mounting shrunk basically.

Back