• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood vent location ?

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
So I found some cheap hood vents while walking through HomeDepot, I am debating where to install them I have read that towards the front works well because it helps release the heat from the radiator, Also that the front isin't the best because it doesnt allow the fans to work properly. If they are installed in the rear of the hood you run the risk of water getting all over the TB and its components. The vent shown here is very open, I plan on using some fine wire mesh as a defuser to keep large amounts of water from coming threw. Looking for some suggestions.

vent.jpg

I put mine on the front, never noticed a problem with the fans. When driving at slow speeds there is a vacuum within the front 8" or so, so it should work to draw the heat out. I noticed a difference in cooling putting them there

Front is best
open the hood turn the AC on to get the aux fan running see where the air starts to blow out usually 1~2 " after the shroud = this is where you want it to be.

For extra flow a front dam or deflector on the front side of the vent wouldnt harm.

Well I turned on the grinder and closed my eyes. I ended up placing the vent 7 inches from the front of the hood, gotta paint it tomorrow but over all it came out looking ok.
vent004.jpg

Your camera says that was done almost 3 years ago! :photo: :thumbup:

That's about where I put mine. Works great.
HPIM0181.jpg

JIM.

Hallo. Is is not advisable to mounted the hoodvents in the back?
The airflow goes than all the way over the engine.
The vents which I used, do have louvres and suck also the air out. Also when I stop, a lot of hot air is coming out. :laugh:

Last edited:
Yeah I'll be adding another, Was just nervious about cutting up a perectly good hood. Never mind date its always wrond piece of crap camera.

Back