• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB need source Braided brake lines

xjintx

NAXJA Forum User
for a 3" lift. I'm in Waco and no local sources :(

also would like to replace my MacGuyverized fuel lines off the throttle body.

My 87 2.5L does not seem to have a lot of sources. Think lines off a junker would be practicle?

You can go to O'reilly's and get the lines off of a YJ. They are longer and are only like $30-40 for all of them. I don't remember really. Go to madxj.com and look at the brake section. There is a thing about braided breaking.

GR8, any particular year for them?

I will now checkout madxj.com

for the front get the O'Reilly # BH38620 and BH38621 (these are chevy p/u lines and are cheaper then yj lines) on the rear use one from a 96 Dodge Dakota. I am at 4.5 or so and have plenty of slack at full droop, both front and rear.
Jay

hey that is awesome advice but will the fittings on the end of the gm brake lines work with my jeep? i assume the dakota lines do...

They all fit fine. On the fronts depending on your back spacing you'll need to put a small bend in the line to clear your wheels. On the line mount I opened it just a bit to move it all the way up and mounted to the body in the factory location. When you see the line you'll understand better what I'm talking about. This is what I've run for 2 years so far and no problems.

Back