• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anybody tried rancho RS5255 and RS5256 shocks

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
long story short, the RS5255 and RS5256 shocks for TJ with 2.5" lift look like they will work good for XJ with 4-5" of lift

RS5256

* Stretched Length: 26.375"
* Compress Length: 15.75"
* Stroke: 10.625"
* Ends: Bar pin bottom/stud top

RS5000E-S.JPG

RS5256

* Stretched Length: 24.625"
* Compress Length: 15"
* Stroke: 9.625"
* Ends: Eyelet bottom, Bar pin top

RS5000E-E.JPG

they aren't exactly "budget" shocks but are less than $50 each so maybe good for beating

anybody tried them?

I've had the RS5256 on the rear of mine with 4in lift for 5 years with no problems if that helps. Dont know about the front ones though, I used the XJ ones on the front.

I run that # in 9000's on both my rigs.They are both at 5.5-6" lift but with slightly raised axle mounts!

XJ/TJ lifted shocks are usually within 1" of each other, the main difference is valving XJ rear shocks are supposed to be valved lighter than TJ rears due to weight, but after you add in gear and stuff, it doesn't really matter.

Grab a tape measure and see what your shock length is at ride height. If it's around 20" up front and 19" in the back, you should be good. The RS5000 shocks are pretty firm, so a lot of people like them for stability on the rocks.

Back