• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TOOL :D

Brendan_91XJ

NAXJA Member #1163
Anyone have a tool for removing the bushings from the Axle and UCA?

That I can borrow!

Well, looks like just a good ol' pounding gets 'er done.
Now to go hammer on the axle end o' things

Did my axel bushings recently. A large screw driver a BFH and a pipe wrench worked well for me.

We used a torch and hammer and chisel a couple, me and another buddy removed the arms from the Jeep and pressed em out with a drill press.

The best way I found, was to torch the rubber inner part out, then collapse the outer sleeve and knock it out...Just keep in mind, rubber on fire still bounces...

ball joint tool and some selective sockets? worked for me

Remi did mine. And he's the biggest tool there is.

Well, looks like just a good ol' pounding gets 'er done.
Now to go hammer on the axle end o' things

Exactly, the Rawbrown trick is BFH. It worked well.
95129.gif

Getting them in was another story. The HF good for nothing press worked eventually.
38335.gif

ball joint press has allways done the trick for me.

I managed to get the ones out of the control arms with out to much diffuculty. But the axle side is being stuborn, will take another shot at it tonight :D

I did my upper on my axle last night in about 30 minutes. Use a drill, drill out the rubber, then with your punch and hammer smack it the rubber will fall out. Once the rubber is out go to the lip side with a big punch and a 3lb hammer, fold the shell in on itself, once you do that it falls out.

To install, use a ball joint press with the right adapters. Once you do that, bust out the welder and just put a little bead (bump of weld) on the shell to keep it from working back out.

i used a bfh and a sawsall

I did my upper on my axle last night in about 30 minutes. Use a drill, drill out the rubber, then with your punch and hammer smack it the rubber will fall out. Once the rubber is out go to the lip side with a big punch and a 3lb hammer, fold the shell in on itself, once you do that it falls out.

To install, use a ball joint press with the right adapters. Once you do that, bust out the welder and just put a little bead (bump of weld) on the shell to keep it from working back out.

Thanks I will try that. :thumbup:

Back