• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle/ steering/ trac bar

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
i'm getting new RC brop Brackets in a day or two. i'm wanting to move my trac bar over the axle and move my stabilizer. is there any big modifications to doing this? i can cut and weld. just wondering what all it will take? i will be reinforcing my upper arm mounts to ("frame" side and maybe the axle) any pics of how the trac bar is moved or a write up? anything else i could do while the axle is out?

why are you moving the tracbar up? are you raising the drag link also? what steering mods are you doing, OTK?

drag link and track bar mounting points should be parallel.

i ws in a hurry and wasnt thinking. im not moving my trac bar due to not having over the knuckle. i'm thinking about cutting a hole in the side of the frame and putting a plate inside that way the drop brackets will be bolted in instead on a self tapper. then patching the hole up.

is there anything else that i should do that others wanted to do while the axle is out?

why would the axle be out? the self tappers hold the supports/braces that go behind the lower control arm mounts. i dont see why the axle would have to come out if your cutting the frame behind the lower control arm mounts. i would run the self tappers and only do what your talking about if the self tappers didnt hold. why not tack weld the braces to the frame along with self tappers?

Back