• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

241OR in an XJ

billyjp2

NAXJA Forum User
i installed a rock trac in my xj without issue, now im having trouble with the shifter linkage. It binds and doesnt allow me to hit 2wd from 4 hi. it also does not allow me to fully engage 4 lo from the shifter. could anyone who has done this swap post some pics or describe their linkage modification?

I replaced my 242 in my 95 2DR with a 241OR,I didnt have to do anything!

I put one in my 01 XJ. The lever on the tcase was pointed up rather than down like it was on my 231, but all I did was loosen the adjusting bolt on the linkage, hook it to the tcase lever, and then made a normal linkage adjustment so that I had enough movement in both directions. No issues since.

Billy, I know people run YJ shift linkages on the 231 because it's a direct linkage and helps with binding and stuff, no idea if it's what you're looking for, but might be worth looking into...

Back