• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stuck LCA bolt

dhreeves

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to replace my LCA's and have found the frame end bolt of the drivers side to be stuck. It seems to be rusted to the metal sleeve of the bushing as I can get maybe a 1/4 turn either way on it and it comes to a springy stop. Any idea's on how to break it free. I have soaked it in PB blaster, used an impact wrench, pound on the other end with a BFH while using the impact wrench....no luck so far.

TIA
Don

Try an air hammer, that's what I had to do although it wrecked the threads on the bolt. Small price to pay. it makes it wasier to thread on the nut again to give a larger surface area to bang on.

Yeah, I had to slide my jack handle over my 1/2 drive wrench and that finally broke it free. I really ned to go to harbor freight and pick up a breaker bar.

I put a small floor jack under a 1/2" breaker bar and carefully jacked it up to loosen one of my bolts. Not the most elegant solution, but it worked very nicely.

Back