• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
looking at upgrading my steering. i'm on a "i'm broke" budget. i was looking at the rustys offroad steering. is there any other cheaper upgrades? i know that i could get the zj v8 tie rod but the one at the pull a part was broke. ( the bolt/nut spun). i'm trying to keep my budget at 200. maybe 250 with shipping. so i'm wondering what others have done. i'm at 5.5" lift and 35s

What yr is ur xj? if it's a 92 up all you need is the ZJ tie rod about $110 new with tre's and i would buy a go for it insert and go over knuckle on drivers side $25. in your budget.my.02

A big daddy HD tie rod can be had for about $80. A Rugged Ridge steering kit upgrade can be had for around $250 I think. If you flip the tie rod you will need to relocate your swaybar mounts which will require fab/welding.

If you flip the zj tie rod with the go for it inserts , you will not need to do a thing to the sway bar brackets. that's why you flip it to begin with.and if you leave it under the knuckle, you wont have to flip it at all.

looking at upgrading my steering. i'm on a "i'm broke" budget. i was looking at the rustys offroad steering. is there any other cheaper upgrades? i know that i could get the zj v8 tie rod but the one at the pull a part was broke. ( the bolt/nut spun). i'm trying to keep my budget at 200. maybe 250 with shipping. so i'm wondering what others have done. i'm at 5.5" lift and 35s
If you want cheaper than "Rusty's",you could run the steering on my Grandson's 12Volt play 4x4! It failed just like the real thing running into the curb!!!!

havent herd of the big daddy hd tie rod. any links to it? also a link to the go for it flip?

i run the rustys tie rod conversion with goferit flips for an over the knuckle steering... works GREAT!

Back