• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TnT UBE vs. Shackle Relocation Bracket

The Box

NAXJA Forum User
Alright I need some direction guys.

I need to squeeze some lift out of my rear. I currently have OME springs and 1.75" boomerang shackles in the rear and am wondering what the best route would be without changing the spring.

From what I've read they both give about 1.5" lift, and people seem to be happy with both.

I will need shock bracket relocation also, to compensate for the lift, which the UBE includes. But in the event that I ever went to a bigger spring the relocation bracket would allow me to change the mounting position.

As far as pinion angle, it can be adjusted at installation with UBE's but for such a small change the lower mounting point on the rear of the spring should be sufficient.

Basically, I am looking to maximize ride quality and flex while getting as close to 1.5" of lift as possible.

As always thanks for the help.

Dan

The U-bolt Eliminator Kit will not help in ride quality or flex. I have the shackle relocation brackets, which give you ride quality and flex. The lift height was minimal and I didn't need to do anything with the shocks.

The problem lies in that I am going to a taller spring in the front. I wouldn't really worry about either of these but I need to get some lift out of it to level it out.

How much lift do you think you got out of it?

Thanks

The problem lies in that I am going to a taller spring in the front. I wouldn't really worry about either of these but I need to get some lift out of it to level it out.

How much lift do you think you got out of it?

Thanks

I never actually measured it, but if I would have to guess....maybe 1 inch......but if I wanted to I could get 1 ro 2 inches more by adjusting the relocation bracket. I just wouldn't have a perfect 45 degree angle.

Or I can just get a longer shackle.

What you're going through is why I ultimately decided against OME kit (and it was my first choice for a long time during planning). After you've bumped it up with shackles, about the only thing left is to add some custom leaves from Alcan or the like. The UBE perches are basically blocks.

the ube perches are actually just basically lift perches.... in one way you are right, they will increase spring wrap. but they cannot fall out, or split, or move around.

i think they have a specific use: axle build ups! i would not pull my rear axle out to install them... its more of a 'while its out....'

i wouldnt use them for the lift. every set ive used was the smallest lift they offer, so im more worried about the axle wrap from the locker!

Thats a good point about adding a custom leaf, I hadn't thought of that. That may be a good option in the future.

As far as the lift perch causing more axle wrap, I thought I read that they aren't as bad because they are wider or something. Thats hard to believe just because the nature of the setup, especially with a spring as soft as OME.

The relocation bracket is looking good, are there any down sides to these?

ube's are a fancy block. why not just add a 1\2 solid steel block. pin throught it and pack and shackle relocation bracket. 1.5 inches and a lot less hassle than ube's!i can't figure out what people have against a small block to add lift.hell you could make the block yourself cheap! also offroad designs makes a 1" block called a zero rate add a leaf. look into it. pin runs through it leafs and into perch, solid steel with adjustments in case you want to move axle forward or aft! $ 40 a set, or again make your own. RRO makes blocks in solid steel in 1\2 increments.it's amazing what you can find out on the web. take the time and look into your options. enjoy!

Go wtih shackle relocation. Get a 45' angle on your shackle and get more flex, some lift & better ride.
UBE, as has been said, is a nice perch for an axle buildup but shouldn't be used for lift. Cutting, welding, axle out of the vehicle, axle wrap, blah blah don't.

I agree with what has been said thusfar, for your situation, wanting the flex and ride quality while gaining a little lift, the relocation boxes are the best bet. And as yossarian19 says, a small block isn't a bad thing. This is up for debate, and different people will tell you different things... but in my opinion, especially something small like 1/2" or 1", a block isn't a terrible thing if you need to level out the jeep. Either that, or just get a longer shackle if you wanted to. Good luck, be sure to let us know what you decide to do

Thanks for the replies guys I am thinking, that the relocation bracket is the way to go for now. I had blocks in an old lift and didn't care for them much but the old springs didn't help either. Hopefully it will get me where I need to be, if not then it looks like there are a couple more options to fine tune with.

Back