• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what is this?

98CherokeeSport

NAXJA Forum User
Ok sorry but i dont have any pictures because i lost my camera.

does anybody know what the piece is called that sits right behind the front corner of the front bumper? it is a round thing with one tube going into it. what is it called and what does it do? do i need it?

Thanks and sorry for the very vague description

yes it is black plastic and it is mounted to the bumper. what does it do? what is it for?

It's reserve vaciuum to keep your cruise functioning properly and to keep your HVAC vents in position when under hard acceleration where there is normally a lack of vacuum.

alright cool. i found a couple threads on it now that i know what it is called! thanks guys!

It's reserve vaciuum to keep your cruise functioning properly and to keep your HVAC vents in position when under hard acceleration where there is normally a lack of vacuum.

with that if i don't have cruise or hvac can i remove it with no adverse effects

my vents don't stay in position when under low vac. there are no leaks but the guy who owned the jeep before me replaced the vac cannister with a much larger one(twice the size). i figured that was the problem so put a smaller one on(smaller than stock) and its still not staying in position under low vac?

my vents don't stay in position when under low vac. there are no leaks but the guy who owned the jeep before me replaced the vac cannister with a much larger one(twice the size). i figured that was the problem so put a smaller one on(smaller than stock) and its still not staying in position under low vac?

did you check for leaks or pinches along the lines under the hood near the firewall and where it passes through the firewall? or maybe something became disconnected behind the dash

i had relocated my canister to under the hood not long ago and the same thing happened to me. it turned out one of those T connectors/plugs was leaky

so..is their any other negative affects, besides no cruise control and heater vents if i remove the canister?

I took mine off of my bumper when i put my tow hook brackets on and put it in the engine compartment between the battery and fuse box. The funny thing is that it wasn't hooked up when i took it off. I don't have cruise so i didn't effect that but the vents now stay in place

Back