• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YJ Doors on XJ??

Archdukeferdinand

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking about some tube doors and in the course of my searching I came across a thread on jeep forum where people were claiming that YJ doors fit XJs... I couldn't find any other reference to it on the intarwebs.

I'm hoping someone can clarify, it seems to me that wouldn't work. Also does anyone know the specific differences between the pre'96 doors and 97 up on XJs? Is it just the latch or are the hinges different? Thanks in advance if anyone can clear things up for me.

on XJ's the latchs and hinges change. some 97s had pre96 hinges but that 97+ latchs. i lucked out on a 97 that had pre96 and 97+ latchs. but wrecked it. but as to your question, i'm pretty sure that the yj doors will not fit.

I bought a DIY tube door kit meant for yjs/tjs and it turned out pretty good. If you can weld and notch tube, check out jeeptubes.com.

Heres mine if you're interested:

DSC00827.jpg

DSC00825.jpg

those look really clean.

Those look really nice, I'm thinking of something like that but I'd like to give it a bit more coverage. Also thinking of modding some stock doors to make half doors, but I like the idea of tube more. I can cut/notch/weld tube but I don't have access to a good bender.

I may just lay it out, then have my local machine shop do the radii I want. They usually give me good prices for quick use of the bandsaw, shear or bender.

I'll check my '97 to see what hodepodge of latch and hinges it ended up getting against my buddy's '95. That'll tell me what my OEM options are to base something off of.

Thanks for the quick help.

Back