• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TrXus or bighorns

95sport

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, i am going to get a new set of tires and i am stuck between the trxus and the maxxis bighorn. Can any one help me out in which tire to purchase i live in central pa we have a good bit of snow/ice in the winter and in the summer i do mostly trail riding and occasional mud. I just need a good all around tire and cant decide on which tires to get. Any help would be appreciated .

Thanks alot for your time
Joel

I ran Trxus for a short time. Didn't like the tread pattern when it came to clearing the lugs. No experience with Bighorns, but they're Maxxis...they got to be good!

People tend to say trxus for the snow/ice, and bighorn for trail, but both are good at both...So i dunno. But i think that whichever you pick youll have a very strong performer.

If your looking for a snow/iced tire, the trxus is the one. The bighorn does have siping, but it wears out kinda quickly. Then there is no siping

Trxus are better for snow like the others have said. (Bighorn sipes are only 1/8" deep) But, you can put studs on the Bighorns... For hard trail use, Bighorns are better for both traction and sidewall strength. The Trxus sidewalls slice too easily on rocks and tree stumps that don't hurt a BFG Goodyear or Maxxis tire.

Truxus are the way to go between the two. Bighorn tread is pretty hard. As for sidewalls you have to be kidding, BFG might as well be kleenex and MTR's are not much better.

I'm thoroughly impressed with the TrXus m/t's in the snow and ice. Both my friend and me have them in 33/12.5 and there was a time when we went up a fairly steep incline with hardly any loss in traction and we decided to get out and we slipped and fell instantly.

... my vote is for TrXus (Just try to keep them balanced, and mine are wearing out quickly with a locker in the back so be sure to keep rotating them too)

I deciced on the big horns i got a set today on ebay 33x12.50-15 for 688 shipped I didnt think that was a bad deal. thanks for your help

Joel

i have big horns and i love them they perform very well in everything iv thrown at them

way to ruin his parade... haha. nice choice, lots of people love those tires, i'm sure they'll work well for you also. I loved my truxus when I had them, and haven't owned/witnessed the bighorns in action. But everyone here loves em.. Good luck and enjoy them! :)

I run 35x12.50R15 TrXus on my 96. Just came back from a wheeling trip and they are phenominal in the snow and rocks. No trouble in the goo either. They are quiet relatively speaking and are wearing well. They also make TrXus in a Competition flavour as well with a more sticky compound than the standard ones. By how they gripped i can only imagine how wicked the comps would be! This is a great all-around tire.

I run 35x12.50R15 TrXus on my 96. Just came back from a wheeling trip and they are phenominal in the snow and rocks. No trouble in the goo either. They are quiet relatively speaking and are wearing well. They also make TrXus in a Competition flavour as well with a more sticky compound than the standard ones. By how they gripped i can only imagine how wicked the comps would be! This is a great all-around tire.

I've never seen the comp. compound I wonder how much those prices run...?

Back