• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axleshaft question!

tonexj

NAXJA Forum User
so I got me a 94 xj that I love mainly cause the non disconnect front end. And simpler motor compared to my old 89 xj. The only thing that bothers me is not having the largest factory front u joints. I'm curious whY it takes to fit the 297's in my 94 Dana 30 because eventually I'd like to go chromoloy 30 splined front but I'd like to be running that bigger size joint in the new shaft. How do I go about doing this?

Your new 30 spline shafts will be sized to take the larger u-joints. Or, 27 spline alloy shafts will be sized to take the larger u-joints and will slide right in, in place of what you have now. Or, junkyard shafts with the larger u-joints will slide right in, if you're into running junkyard shafts.

Just remove the 36mm nut from the end of your stub shaft, remove the unit bearing, remove the old shaft, put in the new axleshaft, replace the unit bearing, reinstall all fasteners.

Back