• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speedo Gear ?

Jester99

NAXJA Forum User
I searched but didn't find the exact answer I was looking for. I've got 31's with 3.55's. If I change to another one that will accommodate for 31's will it help with the gas mileage at least a little? What exactly will changing it at all do?

I searched but didn't find the exact answer I was looking for. I've got 31's with 3.55's. If I change to another one that will accommodate for 31's will it help with the gas mileage at least a little? What exactly will changing it at all do?
if you change the speedogearthe you speedometer will be more acurrate which will enable you to calculate you MPG acurrately.how you drive affects your gas mileage.:yelclap:

It might slightly, your tranny computer uses the speedometer to calculate when it will lock the torque converter which is around 45mph. If you put bigger tires on without gearing it will lock up the torque converter latter than it should because you are going faster than the speedometer reads.

That means you are driving around with your transmission slipping more often than it did before which will lower your gas milleage.

It might slightly, your tranny computer uses the speedometer to calculate when it will lock the torque converter which is around 45mph. If you put bigger tires on without gearing it will lock up the torque converter latter than it should because you are going faster than the speedometer reads.

That means you are driving around with your transmission slipping more often than it did before which will lower your gas milleage.
:yelclap:

Back