• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Selling my Heeps

stumpbum21

NAXJA Forum User
Ive got two XJ's for sale and I am located in Avondale, AZ
1: 1992, white, 2 door, 4.0,AW4,Np231
No lift, front control arm bushings are bad and the liftgate struts are shot. Have new struts. Also have a tune up kit: plugs, wires,cap,rotor. Will sell Heep with all above stuff.
$2500 OBO
2: 1986, faded red, 4 door, 4cyl, 5-speed, 4wd, 4.10 gears (don't know the powertrain details). Lifted, Detroit locked rear, fenders trimmed, 33" no name mudders. Turn sig switch bad, have new one in box.
$2500 OBO
3: I also have a RE 4.5 SuperFlex with full leaf packs for a D44. All components still in boxes, never installed on either XJ. Will deliver anywhere in the Valley (Surface) of the Sun. That's Phoneix, AZ for the uninitiated.
$950 firm.
I will post pics of everything tomorrow.:patriot:

As far as I know, the difference is the diameter of the axle tubes. So, like the man says, new u-bolts at the parts store are fairly cheap. 10-15 bucks at Autozone. PM me if you're interested. I've got Tues-Thurs off.
JN Crowe:us:

Glendale spring doesnt carry pre-made ones...all you do is take one of yours in and then ask them to make longer ones and they make them right there for about $40 bucks with nuts/lockwasher and new u-bolts....had some for my Dodge made and it was worth it

most likely they wont be long enough. plus if they are rusted there is a possibility the bolt will shear off. i had that happen when i lifted jeep pox

Glendale spring doesnt carry pre-made ones...all you do is take one of yours in and then ask them to make longer ones and they make them right there for about $40 bucks with nuts/lockwasher and new u-bolts....had some for my Dodge made and it was worth it

If they give you lock washers with your U bolts don’t use them. Use hard flat washers only. If you use lock washers they will open at the split and loosen the connection. Most likely out come will be a cracked or broken leaf.

Actually they dont do that Sry your mis-informed....i have used them on ALL of the kits i have put on for the last several years and never once had a problem since you put a flat washer then the lock washer then the nut and its all good...

Actually, I was speaking from experience. My kit came with lock washers too, that’s why I put them on, but that doesn’t mean it’s right.

I found these;

http://www.eatonsprings.com/ubolttorques.htm

Never use lock washers because they can break. Also never use soft metal washers on U-bolts because they will deform under torque. Both cases will cause the nuts to loosen and will cause the spring to fail from breakage within the u-bolt area.

http://www.huskyspring.com/Page.taf?title=U-bolt Tips&page=ubolts

Important U-bolt Notes:
• Lock washers or ordinary flat washers must not be used with u-bolts. Compression due to the softness of the material may result in loss of torque. Only deep nuts and thick, hardened washers should be used on u-bolts!

As a caveat, it did take 6 years before I broke a leaf. Your mileage may vary.

Sorry for the hi-jack :eek:

Good information, everybody. We all benefit from shared knowledge. That said ... does anyone want to buy?;)

Back