• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

parking light short someware

juniorXJ

NAXJA Forum User
holly cripes i'm loosing it. K so my parking lights keep popping fuses, and i have no idea why. my stereo was stolen about a month or so ago, lights still worked. i put a new stereo in and all of a sudden no park lights, wich includes tail lights in the same curcit. tryed to figure that one out and couldn't. so i took the stereo back out and taped off all the wires coming from the dash. still pops fuses. dead short someware, but ware? what is the easiest way to find it? '91 laredo, just about every option imaginable (back then.) it gets dark way to early to not have running lights.

I kept popping that same fuse, which controls dash lights, tail lights, and door buzzer.

Yesterday, I replaced the headlight switch, which fixed everything.

how do i test the headlight switch? i am assuming a battery and some leads would work. touching various contacts.

Sorry, can't help you there. After reading a lot on the subject, I was sure that the headlight switch was faulty. So I just went and bought a new one. It was only $25.

You could always buy one and try it. If it doesn't fix your problem, return it.

Back