• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aussie acting up

yourconfusedhaha

NAXJA Forum User
i have an aussie in my 35 and lately its been getting worse, it keeps randomly poping hard, enough that it will throw me around my lane, sounds like a shaft breaking every time it does it. i checked thursday and the locker looks fine,
could a bent housing be causing this? i was pretty hard on it at tsf a month and a half ago

Could it be the springs/pins need replacing? Maybe if they're starting to wear out they aren't working efficiently and are unloading more harshly than they should...?

Make sure your tire pressure is the same on both sides and that the tires are the same circumference (one is not worn more than the other)

i have an aussie in my 35 and lately its been getting worse, it keeps randomly poping hard, enough that it will throw me around my lane, sounds like a shaft breaking every time it does it. i checked thursday and the locker looks fine,
could a bent housing be causing this? i was pretty hard on it at tsf a month and a half ago

PM sent. Get back to us with the results of your inspection.

The aussie in my D44 rear has always been fairly "harsh" as far as road manners -- loud ratcheting, frequent bang/pops, and occasionally harsh enough to cause torque steer -- I just figured that was its normal operations, from what I had read...:dunno:

Mine is doing the same. At any condition, straight line on dry pavment, dirt road and bad under load. I was told that the housing may be bent or a bent shaft. Still need to check that.

We indeed did suggest that the spacer to cross shaft and the inner-cam spacing be checked because it sounds like the locker is out of symmetry. We are also concerned that there may be a bent axle tube or axle or damaged hub that is causing this problem. Dana 35 axle tubes sometimes can be subject to axle flex that can cause distortion or bending in the axle tube and this will cause the Aussie Locker teeth to not mesh properly, and the result is often issues such as this customer is reporting.

i would put money on a bent housing, becuase it only started doing this once i threw on 33's and started wheeling it even harder then i ever have, and im not afraid of the skinny pedel

Wow. I was leaning Aussie for my Dana 30 and after this I think I am going to go with Aussie, what a company man! Watching threads from other websites other than there own, hell of a way to service the customer, let us know what happens with that locker.

I agree, and to be clear, I wasn't complaining about my Aussie's operation, it is stout as hell and hasn't failed me on or off road. It does however, with its stoutness, live up to its reputation for less than invisible on-road perfromance. I would no-doubt recommend aussie to anyone looking for a lunchbox-style locker. Great product and great service!

I agree, and to be clear, I wasn't complaining about my Aussie's operation, it is stout as hell and hasn't failed me on or off road. It does however, with its stoutness, live up to its reputation for less than invisible on-road perfromance. I would no-doubt recommend aussie to anyone looking for a lunchbox-style locker. Great product and great service!

X's 2!

Couldn't be happier with my aussie...

Keil

Back