• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cadillac pump for on board air

rick_1710

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone try to us a cady air suspension pump to control air lockers. I have the old style t-locker and was wondering if it would put out enough air with a tank in line for that purpose. t-locker 30-120psi

Should work just fine, but it might require a converter to get it properly installed...Just go to the auto parts store and ask for a "Cadillac Converter"...LOL...Sorry I couldn't resist...

I was planning on running a caddy compressor. After doing some research, some people said they worked ok and some people said that they only worked with 2 of them and that they were still slow. But I was looking at them for airing up tires. For a locker i think one would probably work.

what about a Ford expedition pump..I would think they be stronger pump than any Caddy pump.
I know they had air ride.

I just looked at an expedition compressor on ebay and although its hard to tell from the photo it does look a little bigger, and more industrial, so maybe it would work.

92 XJ! do you still have "V" belts If so a good compressor should mount up with little more work then the caddy. This will let you do big tires and maybe air tools. Just no real cheaply compressor they don't like high RPMs. (IMO)

92 XJ! do you still have "V" belts If so a good compressor should mount up with little more work then the caddy. This will let you do big tires and maybe air tools. Just no real cheaply compressor they don't like high RPMs. (IMO)

4.0's dont have V belts.

as long as you can generate and hold at least 90PSI, you should be good

right on all. thanks for the input. think i may try this and on the tank i will put a shrader just in case i need to put some air with the co2 tank. let you all know what happens.

2000 Oldsmobile Silouhette had an optional air ride suspension. The compressor was electric. It is located in the rear compartment on the drivers side. If you had the option, the mini-van came with a long hose and gauge for filling up the tires. So yes, this compressor will work for both your locker and to fill up tires.

Look in wrecking yards for late 90's or early 00 Chevy, Oldsmobile or Pontiac minivans and see if the pump is there.

Those pumps will work fine. There is a little plastic tank with it. Hard part is mounting, pull the brakets with them too, once you know what it looks like, you can find them on a few different GM models. They are basiclly the same as a portable pump but the gears are brass instead of plastic. What is nice is if you do use the bracket with the rubber issolatos it is very quite.

Back