• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some knowledge On RE leafs

nojaxs

NAXJA Forum User
Looking at buying a new set of R.E. 4.5 rear leafs from a guy for $200 for the pair. He said that the leafs will set about 7.5 inches untill they settle and he said they will ride like crap till they settle... Is this true? :helpme:

two weeks.. not bad. I know there is different parts needed to be 7.5inches of lift compared to 4.5 such as slip yolk drive shaft longer shocks...ect, not sure how that all works out while im waiting for them to settle to the lower height.

with longer shackles they will hit the rear bumper bolt until they smooth out, its freaking annoying, dont hot rod over bumps or corners til lthey smooth out ,put alot of weight in the back for a week to help

I got a pair of the RE 3.5" leafs used from a guy and after a year they only settled down to 5" on my heep. Im not complaining I just had to put spacers ontop of my 3" coils. I only have he factory shackle though, would that matter?

if you want them to settle faster do like I did and drive around for a while loaded.

Well i do have a speaker box with 2 12's and pretty big amp along with a safari rack. that does add some weight to the back. maybe im thinking these 4.5 leafs might be to big for what im shooting for.

Back