• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heater doesnt blow

Do some basic trouble shooting.

Look for loose or disconnected wires or wire harness connectors. Check the fuses. Inspect the 1-2-3-4 fan control switch for burned contacts or melted wire. Clean up or replace the ground connection at the fan motor. Apply 12 volts directly to the fan and see if it turns.

so apparently from talking to a friend there probably is an air bubble. i need my system flushed anyways, so i guess that will take care of the air bubble itself by getting that done?

Having no heat is different from having no blower.

Yes, an air bubble will stall the flow of coolant and you will have no heat. When I refill a radiator, I fill it about 1/2 way and then start the engine. As the engine warms up, I continue to slowly fill and you can see the air bubbles come out. Make sure the temp is set to warm so the air flushes from the heater core also. When the engine is warm and the radiator will take no more coolant I put the cap on. I have never dealt with the closed cooling system so that may need a different method. You can loosen a heater or radiator hose at the top of a cold, not hot, engine and sometimes an air bubble will come out there.

Last edited:
yes, having no heat IS different from having no blower, hense me saying the heater blower does not work.

anyways, turned it on for 15 min, revd it up to 2000rpm a few times, squeezed the upper radiator hose every minute, was about to give up, gave the hose a nice little squeeze one last time....shut the hood...went back into my jeep and it was BLOWING FULL BLAST! woohoo.

Back