• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

strange electrical problem, just got stranger

billy120480

NAXJA Forum User
I was having, and still am, with CEL for intermittant crank or cam sensor and sometimes my jeep does not want to start and just cranks. It eventually does if I try a couple times though and then runs normal. Everynow and then, I suddenly lose power and it wil die..so i just restart and its fine. I have replaced both sensor and nothing. I am pretty sure its maybe a wiring problem somewhere.

Today all is fine (other than above) and I go to work. When I get off I notice my keyless entry is not working. I go to start it up and get the crank and no start, but then it starts the second time. Only now I have new problems.

So far I have found my doors will not lock, only unlock. No keyless, guages light up, but will not register (none of them, all read 0 tach, fuel, speed, odo, temp, bat). My radio will not turn on either.

I dont think these are all on the same circuit though. I really cant make any sense of this. Its in the 30's right now and work tom, but will have it in a warm garage tom to look over stuff. I havent noticed any spots in the engine wiring that looked like they have been rubbed on and grounding out, its all in the looms still.

Is it possible this is all related to a bad PCM? It is all intermittant, turning the key on and off usually fixes it for the trip. Speed or hitting bumps in the road has no affect, so I dont think its a short really...

Could use any help or suggestions

2000 XJ, 140k, 4.6 w/ about 15k on it. Has ran great with no problems up until this, which was very sudden.

Thanks

Back