• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anaheim Hills Fire

Mike L

NAXJA Forum User
As some of you may know there is a fire in Anaheim Hills. The Yorba Linda/Corona fire jumped the 91 and started this fire. So far we are okay. But we can see alot of smoke from the nearby areas. When we were coming up Weir Canyon we saw back burns being set. I will let you know what happens. Here are pics from our backyard:

DSC02932.jpg

DSC02933.jpg

DSC02934.jpg

DSC02935.jpg

DSC02936.jpg

DSC02937.jpg

DSC02938.jpg

As some of you may know there is a fire in Anaheim Hills. The Yorba Linda/Corona fire jumped the 91 and started this fire. So far we are okay. But we can see alot of smoke from the nearby areas. When we were coming up Weir Canyon we saw back burns being set. I will let you know what happens. Here are pics from our backyard:

Mike,

Call me if you need help.

Elias
213 - 280 - 4105

Thanks for the post. Here are some pics taken moments ago:

DSC02942.jpg

DSC02943.jpg

DSC02944.jpg

DSC02945.jpg

DSC02946.jpg

DSC02949.jpg

DSC02951.jpg

Though I live in Virginia now, I am from Irvine and I remember dealing with the fires! I have friends in Yorba and in Anaheim Hills....my exwife...well I hope her house burns! I hope everyone else is ok.

Lockwood, hold the damn camera steady.

Are those houses on fire or are those lights?

Kiss my :moon:! My camera sucks for nighttime pictures when you add in the processing time to make it easier to see. If I took a standard pic you wouldn't see anything.

They are lights. The fire is about 3 to 4 miles away. One of the streets shown on the news with houses on fire is where we looked before we bought. :scared:

The smoke isn't as bad this morning. We are between two voluntary evacuation areas but that is "supposed" to be lifted this morning. Here are some pics I took a few minutes ago:

DSC02966.jpg

DSC02967.jpg

DSC02968.jpg

DSC02969.jpg

DSC02970.jpg

DSC02971.jpg

DSC02972.jpg

Well we were evac mandatory, and 1 hour into the fight and in a chaotic and panic from no where. I am about 15 rows of homes from the brush and openess near the water station in YL and had like a hour of semi warning. Loaded everyith on to the jeep and trailer and hooked it up to the Ex and the wifes suv loaded and joined a bout 2000 people coming down valley view hill leaving. The ash and smoke so thick by then that it was very odd and actually scarey.

thanks for the offer. We are back home. We had a scare but not a very close encounter. It got very close but the winds and access to the fire lines for the fighters I think made the homes in my track alot safer then others. I did pull the crap outa a diaphram muscle or something though in a coughing fit and will prolly go to the emerg room or at least dr today lol.. Cant cough now or even fart without excess dieing pain. wifes happy though.

glad to hear your home is OK Robert. pain is good, it means you're not dead yet :cheers:

Well I actually kinda wished my house would have gone up. AAA is great in homeowners and we have been wanting out for about 2 yrs now. just house sales are not what they need to be though and payout would have been substantial if it would have cought fire. We wouldnt even of had to move much. haha. I took picts of 100% of Everything in our house just before evac.

Oh well, now the whole property is littered with half burned twigs and ash, the pool is like a swamp, and the jeep is even gat a nice layer of ash that I will blow out with the leaf blower today and cover it with the car cover till fri.

best of luck to all. hope noone else needs to lose a home like mthat. sad stuff

Back