• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how to remove OEM Roof Rack?

NWPhotog

NAXJA Forum User
Found a rack to replace the missing unit for my 97 Cherokee. I am guessing the main rails have screws in them but I am unsure how the rails that just protect the roof are mounted. Thanks for any help.

Don't know for sure, but I've always assumed it was double stick tape. Why do you want to remove them anyways? I can't imagine them getting in the way of anything...

Don't know for sure, but I've always assumed it was double stick tape. Why do you want to remove them anyways? I can't imagine them getting in the way of anything...

My Cherokee came minus the roof rack and the roof trim inside of the rack. Empty holes look silly. I found a replacement I need to remove it wo damaging it. :spin1:

oops--that's what I get for not reading carefully--sorry. Yeah, those strips in the middle of the roof are adhesived on there. Use a putty knife to remove them from a JY jeep.

Back