• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thornbirds for snow?

I don't know how much difference 2" would make, but I had 33x12.50 Thornbirds on my S-10 (which would be heavier than the XJ) and they sucked. I HAD to use 4wd to back out of driveways with as little as a 2%grade. I would have to say BFG- or swamper radial. I have the 33 10.50 Swamper Radial on my XJ and they did great last winter for me.

The best tires you can run in the snow is BFG all terrains. When my XJ was stock with AT's it would go farther in the snow than all my buddies running 33's and 35's. They were all running mud tires (mostly Boggers and Swampers).

i have to say i like the bridgestone revos over the BFG A/T. I found they clog less and clean at lower rpms. I use these tires up at michigan tech when we get 300"+ a year with about 25% to 30% of that being a really wet snow that turns into ice. I have nothing but praise for these tires and i just put a set on my grandma's truck

skog

Back