• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scan Tool Question

EdFree

NAXJA Forum User
Hooked up an Auterra Palm based scan tool to our '98 Cherokee with 4L engine today but was only able to detect the Absolute Throttle Position and no other sensors. Is this normal for this vehicle? Can usually see many other sensors on other vehicles I've tried it on. Thanks!

I don't know bout the Auterra, but my lm-2 lets me look at rpm, throttle%, map, fuel trims, open loop/closed loop, cts, ignition, AFRs, and more and can record all that on the SD card!

Thanks for the info, I had a feeling there was a bigger problem. I can see open/closed loop and other general info on the main page, but when I go to view individual sensors all I can see is the TPS. Guess I need to figure out if the problem is the ECM or the OBD connector or the wiring harness?

Anyone have any suggestions for what I should do next? Tests to figure out what's going on? I think the OBD port is a serial connection so if it sees one sensor, then the wiring/communication is ok?

Back