• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ajax Fenders?

nojaxs

NAXJA Forum User
I saw a white Xj with some fenders made by ajax, cant find Ajax fenders. They said they were fiberglass and the top of the wheel well was at the bodyline and they were molded with a flair, no bolt on flairs. I really like them and would like to find out where I can get some. Anybody seen this rig or have a clue? Let me know thanks!

i believe "crazyjim" has them on his jeep, or if not, something like them. maybe try PMing him or finding some of his posts about his jeep? and of course, i might be totally wrong and thinking of the wrong person. wouldn't be the first time lol

I think Jim has glassworks or something similar... I bought my first jeep from John at Ajax. I believe he is the only guy to get his fenders from...

Thanks for the quick response to all!! Can't find them on ajax web site. The ones Crazy Jim has are close, but not what i saw. Crazy jims are more of a Baja style and they weren't so much bowed out for insane baja jumping... Thats great tha he jumps his XJ , last XJ I saw jumping was in mexico with Rainbow boat flake and Hydros!!

Anyways I think the cherokee I saw them on was for sale..? Swore I saw it on NAXJA. I need to find this mystery Xj with these finders, you all would like em!

TCM GLX has the trailer products fenders
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=244127970&postcount=22

CrazyJim has the Glassworks fenders.

nod.gif

:yelclap: Thats them... Squirrel80 The link you sent is them, yes trailer products. Good job guys! Whatchall think about these..? Bueno or no Bueno? I like em' anybody have any down side on finders like these?

I think they look pretty nice. But with the style of wheeling I do, they probably wouldn't last long in the rocks, and considering that, I would'nt be able to bring myself to spend that kind of money on them. If your wheeling is a style that allows you to avoid body damage...Sure, I'd say go for it. :)

They look cool but in the trees that I have to "squeeze" in between here in VA, I would kill those in one trip unless I was very careful. In more open terrain like out west they might be ok. I could justify the hood before the fenders if it is much lighter than the stock hood.

The problem with these fenders in rocks/trees (well, the biggest problem) is the flares molded into the fender. The stock flares are plastic and flex when you rub something(or peel off the fender:D). With the fiberglass, it's going to crack, or peel the whole fender off the jeep.
For go-fast/pre-run/open trailriding, they work great.

Back