• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about ZJ springs

mbogosia

NAXJA Forum User
I went out looking for some ZJ springs to get me an inch or so of lift. I was under the impression I needed a 1994-1998 Grand Cherokee V8 set of springs. I thought the V8's had a higher spring weight? Every yard I went to insisted the 4.0 engine has the same springs. I finally found some for $75 but decided to hold off and verify I am getting the right thing.

Yeah, I just checked Pull a Part online and it says they have a couple GC's here in Nashville. It doesn't say if they are V8's or not though. Also, I think I would rather jsut buy them and let someone else pull them. Heck, I have to put them on.

You will also get sales reps at the major vendors of new parts insist that the v8 and I6 coils are the same. Its a crapshoot. The only way to know is to put them on. You'll get betwenn 0 and 1.5 inches.

I went out looking for some ZJ springs to get me an inch or so of lift. I was under the impression I needed a 1994-1998 Grand Cherokee V8 set of springs. I thought the V8's had a higher spring weight? Every yard I went to insisted the 4.0 engine has the same springs. I finally found some for $75 but decided to hold off and verify I am getting the right thing.
Far as I'm concerned, that's a crock-o-crap! I have actual measurements posted somewhere here.

Do you have a digital caliper? A cheap one will work. All you need to do is measure the wire diameter of the spring.

Now where did I post that????

Cool! I get to do this on an edit: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=930059&highlight=diameter

Last edited:
the junkyard databases are generally very good but sometimes have holes in them. you can always trust the NAXJA knowledgebase though!

oh, search car-part.com like you want to buy the V8 engine, that will tell you who has the donor vehicles

Ehall, do you go to Brandywine(Ransom), or some other JY? Ever since I found out about Crazy Ray's, I've skipped going to Brandywine and paying the big $(too involved w/ the insurance industry), so I haven't been down there.

Back