• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

backspacing

gtlegg

NAXJA Forum User
tried searching maybe i wasn't being specific enough to find what i was looking for. the lower the backspacing number the further out the tire sticks and the higher the number is the closer the tire is to the jeep.

my stock rim is the 16x7 if i remember correctly.

im trying to figure out a way to stop the rubbing on the inside of my front tires and my rear tires are running spacers.

my stock rims have 32x11.5 MT Bajas on them and they rub like crazy. i see people running these size and bigger, but how do they stop the rubbing issue on the inside?

or should i just look for a 15x8 rim with 4.0 backspacing an run 32x11.5 or stick it out and try to run 235/85r16s

my stock rim is the 16x7 if i remember correctly.

im trying to figure out a way to stop the rubbing on the inside of my front tires and my rear tires are running spacers.

my stock rims have 32x11.5 MT Bajas on them and they rub like crazy. i see people running these size and bigger, but how do they stop the rubbing issue on the inside?

or should i just look for a 15x8 rim with 4.0 backspacing an run 32x11.5 or stick it out and try to run 235/85r16s

how are you running 32x11.5 on a 16" rim?

why not run spacers in the front?

The tire probably has a 16" hole in the middle.:wierd:
:roflmao:
And x2 on the running spacers, they are cheaper than buying new wheels.

the tire says 32x11.5r16.

i was thinking of running spacers, but the tires are dry rotted as well so theyll need replacing soon.

how are other people running wider tires on a 3in lift. or are they just running narrow tires?

the tire says 32x11.5r16.

i was thinking of running spacers, but the tires are dry rotted as well so theyll need replacing soon.

how are other people running wider tires on a 3in lift. or are they just running narrow tires?

they get different back spaced rims or wheel spacers, or adjust their steering stops and longer bump stop depending on where there rubbing

so am i better off looking for a 15in rim with a lower back spacing, itll stop the rubbing, make buying a tire easier since more places carry those, also i think it will lower my 'cog', any suggestions?

It wont lower your COG, but it will help on the rubbing and pocketbook (15" tires are much cheaper).

Do you plan on regearing? stock gears and 32's is kind of pushing it.

But, for the sake of looks, this is a 3" lift with 32's, on stock TJ wheels.

finch-jeep.jpg

that looks like a lot more room then i have. but yea id be on stock gears as well, i thought anything over 32 was looking at a regear...maybe if i get a decent lift kit in there id be better off.

and your not rubbing at all on the insides of the tires? 32x11.5 ?

Last edited:
that looks like a lot more room then i have. but yea id be on stock gears as well, i thought anything over 32 was looking at a regear...maybe if i get a decent lift kit in there id be better off.

and your not rubbing at all on the insides of the tires?

Thats not my jeep, but no he wasn't rubbing. Rig in the picture has 5" of lift with 33's now.

I dont have any rubbing with 265/75/16's(32x10.5's) on stock rims!

Back