• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing the Jeeps clutch

CharlesS

NAXJA Forum User
Little background on this project....
The Jeep has 100K miles with an AX-15 manual transmission. After a recent 3200 mile trip the throwout bearing has been squealing and growling after 10 minutes of use....
Decided that with the labor involved to replace the throwout bearing.... I might as well replace the clutch and pressure plate too....

Been doing some research on clutch manufacturers and sources....
Presently I am leaning towards using RockAuto Parts as the source and may go with an AC Delco clutch kit.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php

Would like to hear from others that have changed their clutch and throwout bearing on a AX-15.
What manufacturers have you used and have you been satisfied with the performance of the parts....??

i did a centerforce 2 on my 89 with the ba-10 trans(same clutch as the ax-15), 4.10 gearing and 31' tires. ive been running it for 3-4 years now without any problems. as for the hydraulics, its best to go with oem parts from the dealer.

as long as your axles are geared appropriately for your tire size, an oem clutch is really all you need. but hey, sometimes we think we need performance parts, thats why i went with the centerforce 2.

Back