• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You like corvettes?

scottmcneal

NAXJA Forum User
shoplogo.gif
Jessup Auto Plaza 68111 Highway 111, Cathedral City, CA 92234
Sales: 1-888-469-9567 | Service: 1-877-435-0982
[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Home Page[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Search New Vehicles[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Search Used Vehicles[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Schedule Service[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Hours & Directions[/FONT] Dear Cyndee Mcneal,
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
frame_r1_c1.jpg
spacer.gif
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Bring Your Friends, Family & Classic Car Too! It's
The Palm Springs Corvette Club?s Corvette Night at Jessup Chevrolet
[/FONT].
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]This Saturday Night[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Saturday, November 15, 2008
5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. at Jessup Chevrolet
[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]FREE Admission
Classic to New Corvettes Welcome!
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Above photo: Last month's Corvette Show & Shine. Thanks to all who came![/FONT]​

I'm thinking this would be fun.. I know we have some NICE vettes out here..So what you all think?:eyes:

isnt this the same vette club that used to meet at mac magruders? if so there are some badazz vettes

Vettes are for old farts that cant or wont do thier own auto repairs or work and I think a vette is a huge waste of money. hell it doesnt even have a frame. why not do a chevelle? it will launch straighter, harder and looks better I think...

Vettes are for old farts that cant or wont do thier own auto repairs or work and I think a vette is a huge waste of money. hell it doesnt even have a frame. why not do a chevelle? it will launch straighter, harder and looks better I think...
thought the same thing till i had to attend the magruder show once, a guy had laid a 454 in 67 vette and he did all the fab work himself, nice vette..

And be just like every other cheap basterd.. For the 60-90K why not have something built!? something that will get more looks, handle everything cali streets can throw at it just as well and be faster, quicker, sound better, fit more hookers in, and not look like your a cheap basterd with a mid life crisis purchase....

fit more hookers for sure...lol

iono i have always had a love for corvettes...everything...i really want a 63 split window with a 427...thats one of my dream cars...thatd be awesome

iono...maybe because a z06 can keep with a 200k car for a fraction the price...thats why id buy one...
And the new ZR1 will hang with just about anything...

Robert, you do a Vette because you're looking to do more than own at the drag strip. You want to own at the track too and are more of a driver than a builder. Don't get me wrong, I love built muscle (I'm still trying to convince my dad to send his 78 Malibu out here from NY, his former drag strip car) but I also love Vettes. Its kinda like building an XJ, why build an XJ, it has no frame, weak axles, can barely fit 30s stock on most, and you could find other vehicles cheaper. But we love our XJs. Enough that a lot of guys plate their "framerails" to simulate a frame, swap in bigger axles, cut our fenders and lift to fit a decent sized tire, etc.

my uncle just bought a brand new lt3 convertible.. thing is fast as all get out.. and with the kind of hooker you can get in that car, you only need one :D

with the kind of hooker you can get in that car, you only need one :D

Yeah you tell your self that.. You just never had the way ya should have evidently.

As for fast, yeah the newer RX-8 with a triple and twin stand alone on it, some bling'd out 3piece wheels and bfg's, would cost ya less then a vette as well as faster, quicker, more unique, same interior size, better skid pad and handling and take a nigga's money at the street races or track.

Since about 1985 the Vette has been a Classic mid life crisis car for the white male with enough money to waste yet not enough on a european super car. In the last 7-8 yrs it has gathered alot of interest though of those that want a lower cost, faster car for those that want to buy it and not have to build or think or deisgn it...

Nothin like a XJ. sorry.

Robert, I laughed so hard at the midlife crisis line, dude. CLASSIC! That is what we have always called them, too. I mean, the Lingenfelter is one thing, but it can't be had for 35K, either.

Good post! :)

Yeah you tell your self that.. You just never had the way ya should have evidently.

As for fast, yeah the newer RX-8 with a triple and twin stand alone on it, some bling'd out 3piece wheels and bfg's, would cost ya less then a vette as well as faster, quicker, more unique, same interior size, better skid pad and handling and take a nigga's money at the street races or track.

Since about 1985 the Vette has been a Classic mid life crisis car for the white male with enough money to waste yet not enough on a european super car. In the last 7-8 yrs it has gathered alot of interest though of those that want a lower cost, faster car for those that want to buy it and not have to build or think or deisgn it...

Nothin like a XJ. sorry.

k i will.. actually my other uncle has an rx8.. its pretty nice too... i have driven both and still like the corvette better. the only reason he cannot build one is because he works 7 days a week from 5am to 5pm.. or else he would. and he isnt one of those rich guys who doesnt know what an air filter is, he has worked his ass of his entire life to get to where he is at now, and why not buy one if you can? i sure would lol.

but u are right.. the rx8's are freakin sweet too. and you can fit 3 more people inside, its just a lil more cramped haha.. and quite a bit cheaper too.

but u are right.. the rx8's are freakin sweet too. and you can fit 3 more people inside, its just a lil more cramped haha.. and quite a bit cheaper too.

yeah but unless you been in one or even better yet, drove one with a three rotor, twin turbo, and even better yet stand alone system push 32psi of boost and over 800hp with out the squeeze, you have no idea and agree that the vette is nicer then the RX8 stock to stock. but your also in a car 1/2 the price stock to stock.

yeah but unless you been in one or even better yet, drove one with a three rotor, twin turbo, and even better yet stand alone system push 32psi of boost and over 800hp with out the squeeze, you have no idea and agree that the vette is nicer then the RX8 stock to stock. but your also in a car 1/2 the price stock to stock.

800hp in an rx8??!! dangg. is it yours? yea ive only driven stock ones.. but the mazda had quite a bit of power.. shift at like 9k rpms.

800hp in an rx8??!! dangg. is it yours? yea ive only driven stock ones.. but the mazda had quite a bit of power.. shift at like 9k rpms.

Old owner of racing beat in signal hill had one at the shop for a few months doing tuning. Ours was a 13B bridged port with a gt40 full bearing, push about 525hp and then a 125 shot avail if ever needed. Shift points were at about 10,900 1-2 then up at 11,500 for the following. Anyone here old enough to fequent the compton or ontario street race scene back in 1991-92 would recognize the 2 datsun 510's we had. both were mid 9sec cars both with 13b's. one car blow thru setup and then one with the turbo 2 with a stand alone laptop system.

Ok Ok back to how Vette's Suck.. :roflmao:

Some viewing pleasure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnqsaDUBySA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2ung98buGc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzKqGnFQwAE

Last edited:
Back